Biddinger, Bitzer & Estelle, PLLC is dedicated to assisting residents of Cass City, Bad Axe, Caro, Deckerville, Reese, and the surrounding areas with their elder law issues. From Medicaid to hospice care, there can be a great amount of things causing the elderly concern. Our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys are here to put your mind at ease and assist you and your loved ones with whatever comes your way. We can answer your pressing questions such as:
- What is elder law?
- What does an elder law attorney do?
- How can a Michigan elder law attorney help me?
What is Elder Law?
Elder law involves planning for the complex health care, long-term care, and other issues facing elderly and disabled individuals and their families. Studies show that we stand a 40 percent chance of needing long-term care at least once before we die. Therefore, everyone should take into account that at some point residency in a nursing home or an assisted living facility may be needed. However, the substantial cost of nursing home care for an incapacitated person can wipe away a family’s nest egg and the inheritance planned for surviving family members. The primary alternative to privately paying the nursing home is Medicaid.
What Does an Elder Law Attorney Do?
An elder law attorney does many tasks which are important to people at all phases of their life, from just starting out on your own until the end of your life. Some of the things an elder law attorney assists you with include:
- Establishing retirement goals and investing in accounts that provide asset protection and tax advantages.
- Protecting assets from a variety of risks that could arise during your life, at the end of your life, and after your death.
- Growing a business, protecting your investment in a company, and ensuring business decisions do not result in a loss of personal assets.
- Creating a comprehensive estate plan which is aimed at achieving your goals for your legacy, whether this involves naming caregivers for minor children, giving to charity, or providing for loved ones.
- Creating a plan for what happens to you and your property in the event of incapacity, including the types of medical care you will receive and the person who will be put in charge of managing your assets.
- Using legal tools including wills, trusts, estate plans, living wills, advanced directives, and a variety of other tools aimed at protecting your autonomy and providing security for yourself and your family.
Making a plan for the future is always important, whether you have young kids who you want to make certain are always cared for, are reaching middle age and looking forward to retirement, or are getting older and thinking about the mark you will leave on the world. Our goal is to provide you with the advice and assistance you need to make a plan that works for you.
How Can a Michigan Elder Law Attorney Help Me?
As you, or those you love, need more support to live a happy and fulfilling life, an elder law attorney in Michigan can help you prepare. From Medicaid planning to legacy planning, you’ll want to be ready, and Biddinger, Bitzer & Estelle, PLLC is looking forward to helping you along on your journey. The best way to learn all the ways an elder law attorney is going to be able to help you create a secure future is by calling us at (989) 872-5601 to get started. We’d love to provide you with a consultation or meet you at one of our free estate planning seminars. The time to prepare is now, so contact Biddinger, Bitzer & Estelle, PLLC today!