Estate Planning for What Matters Most
Co-Authored by Attorneys:
Michelle Biddinger and Rachel Estelle
with Robert Armstrong and Sanford M. Fisch
Some of the most important steps you take to protect your family and secure your assets can also be some of the hardest steps to take. Thinking about illness, incapacity, and passing away is never fun – but making an estate plan is a responsibility that every person should fulfill.
Creating an estate plan does much more than just giving you control over your legacy. You can spare your family from making difficult life-and-death choices, can ensure your family is financially provided for in case something happens to you, and can prepare for an uncertain future.
To make a comprehensive estate plan, you must go far beyond just making a last will and testament. The concerns of the past – determining who inherits assets – are just a small part of the issues many families face today. With advances in medical technology, longer lifespans, costly nursing care, and an increase in the number of blended families in today’s world, estate planning is more complicated than most people realize. It’s also more important than ever.
Estate Planning for What Matters Most is the guidebook that you and your loved ones need to understand the modern estate planning process. This is more than just a basic guide for Michigan families. It will change the way you think about the process of preparing for the future and it will give you insight into the tools you need to build the most secure legacy possible.
Whether you are uncertain about your existing estate plan or have not even begun to prepare for illness, incapacity, or your passing, this is the book you need.
Estate Planning for What Matters Most takes a novel approach to the concept of estate planning, introducing difficult concepts is an understandable way and informing readers about strategies and techniques that are really relevant to their lives. When you read this guide, you’ll learn how to:
- Structure an inheritance in an appropriate way for your family, regardless of whether you have a blended family or the traditional nuclear family.
- Ensure your surviving spouse is financially provided for and appropriately protected in case something happens to you.
- Protect your wealth from creditors, litigation, and other sources of risk specific to you.
- Create a plan so taxes don’t take a big bite out of the inheritance you hope to provide to loved ones.
- Prepare for incapacity, illness, or age-related infirmity by creating a plan for nursing home or long term care costs to be covered so you don’t have to pay out of pocket, impoverishing yourself and losing the chance to shape your legacy.
- Prepare for serious illness or incapacity by making a plan for healthcare decisions and for the management of your assets.
- Protect heirs or beneficiaries who are unable to manage money or property effectively due to their age, disability status, or financial habits.
- Facilitate the quick and cost-effective transfer of wealth to loved ones.
- Create a plan for minor children in your care in case you cannot raise them until they are adults.
These are just some of the many important things that you will learn in this comprehensive guide.
Esteemed estate planning attorneys have filled each page with easy-to-understand information that equips readers with the knowledge they need to understand why legacy planning is so important and what tools and techniques can be used to secure your future.
You deserve to leave your desired legacy after a lifetime of hard work – and your family deserves your protection in case of illness, injury, or death. Pick up Estate Planning for What Matters Most today and this book will help you to get on the path towards protecting your own future and the future of the people who matter to you.